Senior Manager Accounting
The Senior Manager Accounting (Sr. Manager, Accounting) is a member of the Hyzon Motors Europe accounting team based in Winschoten Netherlands. Hyzon Motors Europe is a subsidiary of Hyzon Motors Inc. a listed company in the US. As a part of a growing international and publicly traded enterprise the Senior Manager will uphold the reporting standards required by US GAAP and the SEC. The Senior Manager will support the US technical accounting and reporting team with the implementation of accounting policies, including those around Sarbanes Oxley, as they are developed and rolled out internationally to Hyzon Motors Europe and any future subsidiary entities.
It is the Senior Manager’s primary responsibility to plan and execute scheduled accounting and reporting functions as well as to respond to business unit questions. The Senior Manager ensures the team is effectively trained in their assigned processes and work products are appropriately reviewed. The Senior Manager will work to improve close processes and shorten the time to close while improving the reliability of closing financial data. While being a local resource, the Senior Manager will maintain a clear line of communication with Hyzon Motors Inc. (USA) and report directly to the European Controller based in the US.
The Senior Manager supports the technical accounting and reporting team in providing information and analysis related to monthly close in terms of their financial impact to consolidated and individual legal entity level financial results. The Senior Manager identifies potential accounting policy gaps or new accounting standards (or modifications) between local GAAP and US GAAP that may warrant changes to existing accounting policies.
What type of work will I be doing?
- Leads the team to a timely monthly close, oversees day-to-day accounting activities, and ensures compliance with internal controls over the accounting process.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant local regulations and policies. This includes working with and supporting third party vendors assisting with various accounting related matters (e.g., statutory filings).
- Ensures the proper accounting adjustments are made from local reporting standards to US GAAP and that these adjustments are adequately supported.
- Supports the development of financial statements and financial disclosure deliverables to ensure results meet US GAAP Financial Reporting Standards and regulatory requirements.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Leads the execution of accounting policy programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution including system integrations and enhancements as necessary.
- Assists with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests and liaison with external auditors when necessary.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders and oversees the execution of a component of the accounting policy strategy.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Makes recommendations related to policy, standards, and strategies for identified controller-managed risks.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 6+ years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles, accounting practices, and theories
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Bilingual, fluent in English
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Dutch equivalent (RA)
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Big 4 (EY, Deloitte, PWC, KPMG) public accounting experience or regional equivalent
- M&A transaction experience, as well as, post deal integration
- Experience with ERP systems including ideally Trimergo, Exact Globe, MS Dynamics,
- Sage Intacct
- Experience working within and/or implementing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance framework
- Experience working for an international publicly traded organization
To be successful in this role, you will need to engage in effective collaboration with key cross-functional business partners, namely the local leadership and Corporate Accounting teams. Supporting these stakeholders, you will manage routine processes and provide guidance on accounting for new, significant, and/or complex transactions or products. You will need to be both proactive and adaptive to meet the on-going challenges of a young and fast-growing organization. Meeting the reporting standards and deadlines required by US GAAP and the SEC will be paramount to your success and that of the organization overall.